- Lightweight: Holochain requires very little computing power.
- Robust validation abilities: Holochain provides validation at the local level with a high level of confidence for confirmation of real generation of power, supply of power to the grid, and validation of payments for that power.
- Fault tolerant for inconsistent connectivity: In remote locations, Holochain operates seamlessly without a connection to the internet, updating itself and the network whenever a connection is available, with the ability to resolve divergences.
- Private. Authors of data can maintain their privacy. Holochain dApps give users control over their data by default.
- Interoperable and service-provider agnostic. Individuals can maintain the ability to change from one electricity buyer to another if the terms are more favorable.