Holochain Developer Training, March 2023
Learn how to design, develop, and deploy Holochain apps in 4 days
Holochain Developer Training
- Interactive, proven course format taught by world-class instructors
- Vetted, intimate cohort of experienced developers
- Online training course—join us from home or office
- Holochain fundamentals, data structures, and APIs
- Full and partial scholarships available
Build web3 apps
Holochain is an open-source framework for developing peer-to-peer applications that hit a sweet spot of security, reliability, and performance. It is poised to extend the capacities of blockchain by providing a framework for rapid and easy web3 app development. Together we can help create a new web that supports the technical, social, and economic coordination that today's world demands.
Seeking full-stack devs who know Rust and are ready to:
- Develop immediate skill in building distributed Holochain apps
- Improve their peer-to-peer software architecture and design skills
- Build Holochain apps with a small group of like-minded, experienced developers
Training Dates: March 9 - 12, 2023
Build Dates: March 18 - 19, 2023
Location: Online classroom
- Individual and group exercises
- Pairing and feedback sessions
- Final projects
Marcus Phillips is a former engineer for Twitter, co-founder of the immersive software engineering school Hack Reactor, and a long-standing advocate for the power of cryptographic systems to create healthier incentives and social coordination.
Guillem Cordoba has been building Holochain applications for several years and actively teaching others how to do the same for nearly as long. He was a lead developer in the most recent community-led Holochain Dev Camp and is passionate about developing applications on Holochain.
Muhammad Meigooni lives at the intersection of education and technology, having worked as a full-stack software engineer for a number of startups as well as a Product / Campus owner at MakerSquare, Hack Reactor, and Galvanize.
Additional members of the Holochain community may be in attendance to contribute as instructors, students, or teaching assistants.
The intention of this course is to prepare you to design, develop, and deploy Holochain apps. The intensive four day training will run each day from 10:30am to 6:30pm, Eastern Standard Time (EST). The build dates will also be during the day in EST.
- Holochain fundamentals
- Holochain dev environment
- Basic HDK functions
- Source chains
- Anchors and paths
- Capability tokens and P2P function calls
- Validation rules
At the end of the program, you'll be able to:
- Develop Holochain applications in a clean, simple, and robust manner
- Think and reason about distributed systems from an agent-centric perspective
- Understand the Holochain development environment and know how to navigate it efficiently
- Package and release your own Holochain applications
- Architect small to medium Holochain applications
Pricing & Scholarships
Our pricing and scholarships reflect our values, goals, and stage-of-development. We’re partnering with Mythothesia’s experienced developer education team who have facilitated many training programs. We’re offering this first online course at a competitive price to grow our developer community and support the many projects seeking qualified Holochain developers.
- Refundable deposit: $100
- Full cost: $900
Full & Partial Scholarships Available
We are offering a range of scholarships to help increase access for qualified students of all backgrounds. Please let us know what you need, so we can start a conversation and direct our scholarship funds appropriately.
Important attributes include:
- Candidate is likely to be very successful in both learning and contributing
- Candidate fits the needs of an emerging ecosystem of Holochain developers - in interests, passions, and future goals
You can request a scholarship at the end of the application process.
More about Holochain, Holo, and Mythosthesia
- Holochain is delivering the technical foundations of web3 to support thriving, regenerative, creative communities and economies.
- Holo hosting connects Holochain's serverless peer-to-peer apps to the centralized Internet by making Holochain apps available in browsers. The Holo network is hosted by thousands of people using their own micro-servers who are paid in cryptocurrency for their efforts.
- Mythosthesia is Holochain's Educational Partner focused on designing and delivering world-class developer trainings.
The Fine Print
- We plan to inform accepted applicants by 17 February 2023.
- The selection process includes the initial application plus a live interview via Zoom, and requires full acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
- We're seeking engaged and committed developers—thus the $100 deposit! This deposit will be fully refunded in the event that your application is not accepted.
- Scholarships and supporting funds are available! They will prioritize program fit, as determined by our applicant questionnaire and an initial interview process. Please request a scholarship at the end of the application form. Please note: Scholarships cannot be applied to the application deposit itself.
- This is not a beginner programming course; we expect devs to come with a sound understanding of traditional full-stack programming and Rust.